Thursday, August 29, 2013

Introduction


Hello, my name is Sonney Warren. I was born in Lynchburg, TN, but have moved around for most of my childhood. I have lived in numerous towns and states, but spent a lot of my time in AL and MO. I graduated from Shawnee High School across the river in Wolf Lake, IL. Since this is only my second semester, I haven't yet declared a major, but am planning to pursue a Degree in Psychology focusing on counseling with a minor in Autism.

The most pertinent obstacle I've overcome would be the decision to return to college at the age of 37. I entered the flooring business in 1998 and have remained there ever since. I have owned my own business for the past 8 years. Hard surface flooring is a career that is rough on your body, and I realized that I need to be proactive about my future, rather than wait until my knees are severely damaged and I have numerous health problems resulting from years of abuse to my body.

I decided to return to school in pursuance of Psychology and Autism, after attending the snap meetings through SEMO with my oldest son, Mason who has been diagnosed with Aspergers. I hope that my education and future career in this field can help other children with Autism spectrum disorders, and also help to educate others about the positive and negative effects of these disorders.

I hope to use this class to improve my writing ability. Psychology is a field of many papers and writing, and the effectiveness of my ability in writing will directly correlate to my effectiveness in my career. If my writing is more fluent and attention getting, then the messages I am trying to get across have a better chance of reaching an attentive ear. It was brought to my attention last semester, that I have some flaws in my writing, and I hope through the use of this class, I can not only overcome these flaw, but excel in other areas to become much more effect in my writing.

1 comment:

  1. Sonney, what flaws were brought to your attention? Exactly how will you work on them? Can I help in any way?

    ReplyDelete