Friday, November 1, 2013

Hey! Who's in Charge Around Here?!?!?

Being the father of two teenage boys, technology has been a topic of conversation many times over in my house. I was shocked when my 10 year old son asked me for a smart phone when I had only had one for about a year at that point. Don't get me wrong, I use to work as a computer technician and did some hobby programming through out my life, so I have always had a fondness for technology. As I asked in my last blog though when is enough, enough? I remember hearing about the invention of the google glasses, and my first though was how far are we from star trek now? People are becoming more and more reliant on their technological devices. I appreciate how technology is "making our lives easier", but what would happen to our society if technology ever fails? I'm not sure how many of you will remember the Y2K scare as well as I do, but at that time many people believe on the new years technology would glitch and we would have to start fresh on so many things. Movies such as Terminator, Matrix, and many more all focus on the day technology turns against us. For these movies to have the appeal they do for their viewers, this has to be a legitimate scare in society. The question is will technology ever reach a point where, the creation no longer needs the creator?

No comments:

Post a Comment