Friday, December 13, 2013

Take What You Learned and Run With It

We have reached the end of our journey, classmates. This semester seems like it's flown by, but now it's time to buckle down, take our few remaining finals, and prepare for the next one looming on the horizon. I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel I have definitely learned quite a lot about not only my writing style, but writing in general. I never thought things I would take away from a semester of English would be PEE value and the proper use of CRAP.

Unless many of us are pursuing a degree in English, this is probably one of the few English classes we will be taking in our college careers. For that reason, it is all the more important for us to take from this as much as we can to assist us in the remainder of our college career and our future job markets. What we learn here will help us in the many papers we will have to write for classes in our future, and even in our applications to graduate schools, and jobs.Where do we go from here? How do we apply what we've learned here? Honestly, I have no more of an idea than many of you. I do know I feel considerably more prepared for our future writing assignments and have learned how to now make my writing more organized and attention getting. Hopefully we can all Learn, Practice, and Apply what we've learned here, and it can make us better prepared for our futures.

4 comments:

  1. Sonney, I'm glad you've identified specific things you can apply in your future writing! You will experience many different situations in which you can apply PEE, CRAP, and other course concepts, whether it's writing, speaking, presenting, or just speaking up in a class discussion or discussion board. Keep up your great work, and your even better work ethic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonney, I completely forgot to mention PEE and CRAP in my blog post. I know those two items taught us skills that are very important. Like you said this is one of the few English classes we will take so it was very important that we all took a lot of information from it. I agree with you that being able to talk and write effectively will help us in the future when we begin searching for jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sonney, I forgot about that we had learned about all the CRAP writing! I did mention the PEE structure in my blog, though. I think it may be the most important thing that I learned this semester. I love the picture that you added at the end.
    I just want you to know that I enjoyed reading your post! Good luck on all your future classes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sonney,
    You have had excellent blog posts all semester! I loved reading everyone of them. Your personality really shone through your posts. They were always interesting and very clear. I knew that if I had a problem, I could go to your blog and the situation would be cleared. You've done great this semester. I know you'll continue to great work in the future. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete