Wednesday, December 11, 2013

To Say or Nay To Say

Here we are folks, our final paper of the semester. Is this one better than my first? Have I improved on my writing? After completing my self review, I realized, it's not the technical aspect of the paper I am having trouble with. My last few papers have diminished my bravado concerning my writing style and replaced it with a myriad of questions of insecurity. Is this a proper Rogerian Argument? Am I introducing my naysayers properly? Is my persuasion of my audience convincing enough? These are the questions I keep challenging myself with tonight. After convincing myself to not start over on this paper for the third time in these final hours, I can help but wonder, is this the paper I want it to be? I look down the list one more time, thesis, check, catchy title, check, introduction and conclusion, check; but I can't help but hear those nagging questions of what ifs in the back of my mind.

It's been a long day and I have reviewed this paper more than I have read many of my favorite books and still I can't say with certainty this is a GOOD paper. I think this is the time to use the lifelines made available to us by the university. Again tomorrow I will journey to the writing center and talk with someone who knows more about this style of writing than I so. I think from their knowledge I can find the confidence needed to revise my paper one final time into the absolute best I can make it. .

1 comment:

  1. Sonney thats a great idea. I am so confused and insecure about this paper that I'm about ready to just give up and say I'm done 'but' thats not me soo.....at least I know I'm not the only one. I never considered going to a writing center or checking with anyone on second opinions (except friends etc...)
    I'm so stressed and aggravated that I needed these tips...so glad I read your blog

    ReplyDelete